Re: [oletrucks] disaster ( long )

To: "Old chevy truck advice" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] disaster ( long )
From: "Michael Lubitz" <mlrba@texas.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 06:00:29 -0500
Bill,

I don't know you except from the list.  I also am sorry for the tradegy.
One other trucker from the list had his truck burned in a fire recently and
I told him a similar thing that I will tell you.

I had a fire in my house some years ago.  It destroyed all of the furniture
that I had made (Lincoln rocker, bird's eye maple drop leaf table, etc.) by
hand over the years.  It also ruined many tools and clothes, etc.  At first
I was (like you and yours) devasted.  Then, after going through some of the
stages of grief (sandness, depression, anger,  . . .) I woke up one day and
realized that I had a free feeling.  That now I could start over - do some
neat things that I enjoyed in a manner different and better than I did
before.  I got such good feelings from the people who were kind to me and
donated time and stuff to help out.

So I know that you feel the kindness and suppport from us ole truckers.  I
hope that soon you will feel that, although very sad, the loss is not deep
and scarring, but painful and in some way, hopefully positive and blessing.

Let me know if I can help even if it is just to listen.

Michael Lubitz
1948 Chevrolet 3100, soon to be deluxe
Austin, Texas