Re: [oletrucks] long trip in an ole truck?

To: "A.B." <bigfred@unm.edu>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] long trip in an ole truck?
From: "Designs by Rock" <dbr@powerweb.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 16:16:15 -0700
Alfie,

I took my '49 3100 with a 235 engine deer hunting the last two years.  Deer
hunting was my excuse for buying it in the first place.  I travel about 300
miles one way to get to the camp site.  I usually leave after work on Friday
night and get up there about 9pm the same night.  I use my Throttle as a
cruise control on the interstate.  The speed limit is 65mph and I cruise at
60mph.  Engine seams to run just fine at that speed.  Leave the Ranger at
home and put a bullet in it just for good measure.  Have a great trip!

BTW  I still haven't gotten a deer to put in the back of the truck, but I'm
not sure I would put it back there if I did get one anyway.  I wouldn't want
to ruin the oak bed I just put in two years ago.

John "Rock" Rockefeller
1949 3100 "Eeyore"