Re: [oletrucks] GMC 248 Intake/Exhaust Question

To: "Julie or Colin" <juliecolin@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] GMC 248 Intake/Exhaust Question
From: "Jack Halton" <safesix@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 08:29:00 -0400
Colin,

    Anything you can do to align the manifold mating surfaces will help in
installation and prevent leaks and blown gaskets. These weren't much of a
precision fit from the factory, there is lots of room for improvement. The
exhaust manifold particularly will distort with age. I posted an article on
this subject in the "tech" section of http://www.Chevytrucks.org a while
back. The Clifford one-piece gasket is a big help, as are new pilot rings.
You can make your own out of exhaust tubing.

    You have my eternal envy for having a Bridgeport at your disposal!

Jack Halton
51 GMC 1/2 ton
Winter Park FL