Re: [oletrucks] Insurance

To: "Jim House" <jhouse@ccsolution.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Insurance
From: "Lonnie L. Dickey" <mdickey@gorilla.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 23:40:36 -0500
I had a similar event on one of my projects.

I almost broke into a monster laugh during my first visit to inspect my
firetruck. It was a '49 Seagraves and never had many of the features
now standard. The inspector (a young guy) asked me to demonstrate
my "turn signals". To this request, I stuck out my arm and proceeded
to use the old "turn signals". This guy looked at me like I was insane.
He asked, "what ARE you doing"? I got to tell him about the old signals.
He laughed and gave me my inspection signal. Yes, we had some
discussions about seat belts, backup lights and others. It was educational
for all.

Lonnie