[oletrucks] Neat AD Chevy truck Chefs apron fabric found...

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Neat AD Chevy truck Chefs apron fabric found...
From: Jerry Casper <gremlingts@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2000 10:24:17 -0400
        I took off half a day of work on Wednesday to show my girlfriend a huge
(choke!) fabric store, as she hasn't found the curtain material she wants
yet. While wandering the aisles, I ran across a bolt of material with a red
and white AD truck on it ( three, actually, one large and two smaller of
the same design), that's designed to be cut out as an outdoor grill Chefs
apron. The cloth is red/white/blue, with the large truck in the middle of
the apron, and the two smaller ones in the armpit cutout area ( mitts? ).
Some of the outer strips of colored material make the ties and neck loop.
It looks good by itself, though, I was thinking of making a flag out of it,
or a wall hanging. So I bought several "sections" of it ( it comes in 3
foot by 4 foot sections, roughly). It's heavy cotton, not lightweight
stuff, as it needs to hold up to heavy useage. The fabric store is called G
Street Fabrics, I haven't seen any other stores like it, and none of this
fabric at Hancocks or Joann's outlets. I have 7 sections I can part with,
so if any of you are interested, I"ll sell a 3x4 piece for $12 ( that price
includes shipping/postage to continental USA ONLY ).
        I think I've seen this design before, it seems to me that Target stores
carries a metal sign with a similar, if not identical , red and white AD
truck on it. It's a front view, with a partial right side view. I'll have
to stop in at Target today to see if I'm right. I intend to post a digital
pic at my website storage directory below. I'll try to get a pic taken and
posted tonight, Thurs. Aug 3rd. No guarantees, though. :)

     http://www.geocities.com/caspercars/55_59chevy

        If I happen to get more than 7 requests, I'll draw 7 names from the
requestees at random, and if I go back to the store, I'll get some more of
the fabric. I saw a few other pieces on the scrap tables, but didn't buy
them. So, that's my contribution for the day, see ya later!

Jerry
Woodbridge, VA
55 Chevy Suburban