Re: [oletrucks] Wiring questions

To: <Spectatin@aol.com>, "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Wiring questions
From: "joe" <chevy1@jps.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 07:02:00 -0700
The best way to remove the parking light is to remove the front cover and
glass to give you more room to pivot the housing out from between the grille
bars.  I normally just use a socket on a small breaker bar that about 10"
long.  Sometimes they just break off due to rust.

The original wiring path was out through the wheel well  on either side of
the radiator "you should see a hole with a grommet" going to the tire area.
Then theirs a wire holder there that holds the wire as it then travels
through another grommet into the engine compartment and to a junction
connector on either side of the fender wells.  The wire from one side to the
other is routed under the panel that the hood striker is bolted too.

Some horns have a tone adjustment screw on the side that will allow you to
fine tune the sound.  If there's not one, it's time for a replacement.

Joe Garcia
Yuba City, CA
1950 Chevrolet 3100

http://chevy1.freeservers.com/