[oletrucks] Plans refined

To: napco4x4@onelist.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Plans refined
From: MarkNoakes@aol.com
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 23:23:38 EDT
Work-related travel has finally settled down and I can report on my latest
plans.  I've always had trouble resolving stock vs modified and 2wd vs NAPCO
and so have resolved to do my Chevy Suburban as a 2wd V8 3-speed manual with
OD with an almost stock body/interior but with mods for convenience per it's
intended daily driving regimen.  The 59 GMC Sub will be a straight stock
resto with a 336 V8, Hydramatic (this truck is an original V8 Hydramatic
truck), and NAPCO conversion so I can have the best of all worlds--Chevy and
GMC, stock and modified, 2wd highway cruising and 4wd off road capability.  I
guess if you can't decide between two options, you just have to do both!

On my recent travels to Austin, TX, I stopped by one of the lists members who
showed me his progress on his NAPCO truck. . .he's just been working on it
this summer and he has me beat by a long shot; I obviously need to get going.
. .in my spare time between work and an engr PhD program, that is.

The Chevy is first before the GMC so I have plenty of time at the rate I'm
going, but I need to find a 336 V8 in good restorable condition, a 1/2 ton
NAPCO kit, Suburban 2nd and 3rd seats for both trucks, and all of GMC
specific hardware for the front end of the 59 truck as I bought it missing
all of the front end sheet metal.  My brother Brian has a whole slew of
Hydramatics so that's one thing I don't need.  Let me know what you have. . .
especially if it's less than 1000 miles away!

Thanks,

Mark Noakes
Knoxville, TN
58/56 Chevy Suburban