[oletrucks] sort of off subject: Motorama/Parade of Progress

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net, napco4x4@onelist.com
Subject: [oletrucks] sort of off subject: Motorama/Parade of Progress
From: MarkNoakes@aol.com
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 22:55:08 EDT
Not even sure which list it was on since I bookmarked the url and ditched the
source email, but thanks to whoever published the url for the GM Parade of
Progress Futurliner link.  I routed it to my little sister who showed it to
my dad and he really enjoyed it; it brought back alot of good memories for
him.  He was one of those fresh out of college guys that GM hired for the
Parade of Progress in 53-54; he went on to work for the GM Motorama in 55.
He's even in the group shot in front of the Furturliner that's posted on the
site.  He usually drove one of the regular tractor trailers but did get to
drive a Furturliner a few times and worked on them much more often.  He also
gave many of the science lectures that the url makes reference to.

I understand that the Futurliner resto project is looking for 50's vintage
truck parts; maybe the GM truck lists can help out.

http://www.futurliner.com/

Thanks again,

Mark Noakes
Knoxville, TN