[oletrucks] master cylinder on 57

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] master cylinder on 57
From: "Terry Bancesco" <drducttape@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 02:25:04 GMT
Hello all!!!

This is my first time posting, so I hope I'm doing this right!!!

My first question is, is there any special tricks to coaxing an old dry
master cylinder in a 57 GMC AD to life while it's still in the truck?  I've
added fluid, and pumped, and pumped, and pumped........  and guess what....
nothing.  There is nothing coming out of the fittings at the end of the
master cylinder, and no resistance at all.  Do I need to rebuild the beast,
are there any tricks I need to know to get it out?  Also, I want to keep
this thing in original condition, so, I'd rather not try to mickey mouse
some power brakes in there.(I'm sure for safety reasons many would disagree)

My next question is, how do you access the archives?

Thanks in advance!!!

Terry Bancesco