Re: [oletrucks] No spark!

To: "Leah Olsen" <javanut@win.bright.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] No spark!
From: "joe" <chevy1@jps.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 23:15:14 -0700
Here's what I'd do to check for spark:

1. Turn the key on and check for juice at the coil.
2. Check for juice at the points
3. If you have juice at the points then,
    a) Rotate the engine either buy rocking the truck with it in gear or
with the truck out of gear grab the fan and belt and rotate the engine while
watching the points until their open.

    b) take the coil wire off on the side that goes into the cap and place
it an inch or so away from the valve cover or any other metal part.

    c) place a screw driver against the side of the point arm and slide the
screw driver down to contact the base of the distributor while it's still
touching the point arm.

    d) if you don't get a spark then their either a short in the wire
leading to the points or the coils bad.

Joe Garcia
Yuba City, CA
1950 Chevrolet 3100