[oletrucks] Alternator question

To: "Oletrucks List" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Alternator question
From: "Antonio R. Tijerino" <antonio@innercite.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 22:14:11 -0700
I got a new chrome alternator to replace the original generator on my truck,
I also got a new wiring  harness from Chevy Duty that is specially made for
alternator conversion. The truck is a '53 1/2 ton AD with a '57 235 car
engine. The question is:
I noticed that the alternator fan has an arrow indicating the direction of
the rotation, Will the new alternator rotate on the same direction as the
generator? or should I reverse the location of the alternator?. The original
generator was mounted on the manifold side of the engine and seems like it
is the only logical location for it. I was able to find an alternator
bracket at the  local speed shop, this bracket fits perfectly and I will not
need to hack the original generator mounting bracket.

Thanks,

Antonio,
'53 3100
Cameron Park, CA