[oletrucks] RE: GMC factory assembly manual

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] RE: GMC factory assembly manual
From: Conrad Vogel <conrad@nidlink.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 09:55:02 -0800
John,

I have a 1961 and 1962 GMC "Body builders' drawings and pto data" which
assume is what you are talking about.  These books are stapled, 136
pages
and show info about the 1000 to 9000 trucks (the same as your '54
models).
The books claim that "This book is published as an aid for the
installation
of bodies and special equipment for all 1961(or 1962) GMC truck models."

The books show line drawings with dimensions of all body styles with
weights, tire sizes, etc...  Towards the end, there are more pages that
show 5th wheel mounting, rigid body mounting, dump box mounting, wood
box
mounting etc...

It's a very simple book with each page covering one body style with
dimensions.  I got mine for $10.00 each (which I thought was a good
deal),
but I'm pretty sure that a '54 book would be worth a bit more.

These books don't deal with any interior stuff, and there are no
specific
assembly instructions except for what I listed above.

john dorsey wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a question for the other GMC guys out there.
>
> I have an opportunity to purchase a old 1954 "GMC Trucks Body Builders

> Drawings & Supporting Data" manual, it's got over 100 pages and covers

> series 100 to 980. Does anyone know if this is the same as a "factory
> assembly manual"?
>
> Either way does anyone think it's worth me spending 50 bucks on it?
> --
> John Dorsey
> Wauchula, FL
> '49 Chevy Panel http://www.strato.net/~jrdorsey/truck.htm