Re: [oletrucks] Removing clutchhead screws

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Removing clutchhead screws
From: "tcape" <tcape@weblnk.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 14:54:37 -0400
I had a major problem with the clutchhead screws when I started trying to
take off the weatherstripping around my driver's side door.  (The '47 AD has
the weatherstripping held in place by a metal strip....held on with about 20
clutchhead screws!)  Finally resorted to holding an old screwdriver against
the screw heads and pounding on the screwdriver with a hammer.  As NMJim
says, this jars the screws loose.  I then used a small pair of vice-grips to
turn the screws and take them out.
Tom Caperton
47-2nd 3100....in Whiteville, NC