[oletrucks] Golden State Pickup Parts

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Golden State Pickup Parts
From: D56foster@aol.com
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 00:51:24 EDT
Hi,
I wanted to pass along a good experience that just occurred.  In Nov. of '97
I ordered and received a tie rod replacement kit (rod, new ends) from GSPP.
Two weeks ago I finally got around to starting on the tie rod project; no
rush, old Blue hasn't moved in 2 years.  Anyway, after a day of head
scratching and cussing, I got the tie rod ends out of the steering arms and
broke out the new parts.  Imagine my surprise when I discovered that I had 2
left hand threaded tie rod ends.  I was even more surprised when I found the
original receipt and packing slip from GSPP dated Nov. 11 '97.
I called the cust. service # on the receipt, was informed of a new #  in Nev.
and fully expecting the worst, put through the call.  I talked to Steve on
the other end, explained my problem, and was informed that Golden State had
changed hands, but if I sent back the wrong tie rod end, they would get the
right one to me.
 UPS dropped off the correct tie rod end today.  It threaded right on to the
tie rod and I'm a happy trucker.  I know GSPP has had some problems recently,
but I felt that they did me right.  The moral of the story-Save all your
receipts.
Dennis Foster
'56- 3200  "Old Blue"