[oletrucks] FS:'48 1.5 ton stakebed near Santa Rosa, CA

To: OleTrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] FS:'48 1.5 ton stakebed near Santa Rosa, CA
From: Jay Duncanson <jduncanson@crosswinds.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 22:41:45 -0700
I was driving down River Road near Guerneville, CA today just in time to see
a FOR SALE sign being put in the window of a running, '48 1 1/2 ton
stakebed.

Yow! The seller just inherited it from his uncle, the original owner. It was
used to haul grapes and hay on back roads before being stored for the last 7
years.

The metal looks perfect, the paint is faded but original, the original
engine (apparently a hi-torque 235 dipper) hums. I couldn't see anything
wrong with it except age. A little interior cleanup, new stakebed, and paint
and voila! she's beautiful.

He's asking $1000/obo. Hope somebody nearby can grab this. (I just bought a
'66 Chev dump truck, can't justify this purchase myself....)

The seller is Greg at 707-869-8336.

Tell him Jay sent you.

Jay Duncanson
San Francisco CA & Guerneville CA
'49 3100 5-window (both a pretty city truck & a hard-working farm truck)
jduncanson@crosswinds.net