[oletrucks] GMC starter upgrade

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] GMC starter upgrade
From: "Jack Halton" <safesix@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 08:04:25 -0400
Hi All,

    My '51 GMC has the old toeboard starter button and I want to change to
the later solenoid type starter. I have the correct starter from a later
GMC. I'd rather not change the ignition switch - is it possible to wire in a
starter button (in an inconspicuous location) and keep the original switch?
If so, how should it be wired? The truck has been converted to 12V.
electrics.

All answers (and opinions) gratefully appreciated,

Jack Halton
51 GMC 1/2 ton
Winter Park FL