[oletrucks] Remanufactured Engine

To: "'Old Trucks'" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Remanufactured Engine
From: Whittaker Bill G Civ ASC/SMY <Bill.Whittaker@wpafb.af.mil>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 08:33:45 -0400
While measuring the engine compartment in my '53 AD (just to make sure the Hemi
will fit), I noticed a tag on the lower front (passenger's side) of the block
that said, "Rogers Remanufactured Engine, Rogers Co.  Atlanta, Ga."  It also
had specs on cylinder overbore, and crank and rod undersizes as well as a
serial number, (76168).  I looked on the net and couldn't find Rogers engine
remanufacturing in or near Atlanta.  Has anyone ever heard of them?  I'll be
pulling the entire driveline and offering it to anyone that might want to come
and get it (at a very reasonable price, and yes it runs) but it might be some
help if I knew exactly when the motor was rebuilt and if it's one of the
original splash oiled 216's.  Any help out there?

Thanks

Bill Whittaker
Dayton, Oh