Re: [oletrucks] welding and batteries

To: jnord@fgi.net, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] welding and batteries
From: Pastorjon994@cs.com
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 23:00:42 EDT
Jim,
    I blew one up one time while charging it.  I had the battery charger
pluged in to the shop light, Took the light to look at the battery.  The plug
sparked and caught the acid fumes, shrapnel went everywhere.  It literally
exploded in my face.  Thank God all the parts missed me and I just had to
water my face & eyes real good.  Get batteries clear away from any flame,
sparks, etc.
    Jim, if you ever get your truck to Champaign, give me a holler.  I'll
hopefully have mine roadworthy enough to make Springfield someday.

Jon Callahan
'50 3100
Champaign/Urbana, Illinois