Re: [oletrucks] engine breathers

To: "Terry S. Glines" <ace0027@attglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] engine breathers
From: "Jon Kunkel" <jonkunkel@home.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 18:02:45 -0500
Terry,

My father had used numerous styles of valve covers when he was young enough
to race cars.  I talked to him about this and he stated as long as you do
not plan on racing your engine, the manifold breather in the front should be
okay, as long as you make sure your breather cap is in good working order.
He recommended replacing it for a good working one if you have any doubts
about its condition.  The older motors with the breather tube out the back
was a good concept until GM realized it was a pollution maker.  You don't
need to cut them.
JON 50 3100