RE: [oletrucks] RE: IFS, but not to open any can or worms again

To: "'A.B.'" <bigfred@unm.edu>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] RE: IFS, but not to open any can or worms again
From: Whittaker Bill G Civ ASC/SMY <Bill.Whittaker@wpafb.af.mil>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 13:34:50 -0400
I don't believe I ever said I don't like bolt on systems or that they aren't
safe.  What I have said, several times now, is that they are safer if welded in
place.

Now to your question about factory engineers knowing where to place bolts.  You
pretty much hit the nail on the head with that one.  I'm not going to go into
all the particulars and the physics behind this argument except to say that
there are a lot of forces at work while you're driving down the road and if
your comfortable trusting your life to some guy's design that uses just a few
bolts to stay together, be my guest.  I, on the other hand,  am not willing to
take that chance.

Bill Whittaker
'53 3100 Hemi
Built Like A Rock