Re: [oletrucks] engine mods, superchargers, anything

To: EDigler2@aol.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] engine mods, superchargers, anything
From: Grant Galbraith <trks@javanet.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 20:27:19 -0400
I've been looking over the shoulder of a fellow inliner while he is building a
turbo 292 dragster. He is trying to convince me to put a turbo on my 235 and
really has me thinking I might do so. Take the money you would spend on dual
intkakes and exhaust, cams and whatnot, put this into a turbo which can bolt to
the bottom of your stock exhaust manifold with an adapter,  stock cam and head,
with a 4 barrel and you have some real HP. Contrary to popular belief it's not
that hard on your lower end as the HP comes in a relatively low RPM range. It's
high PRM that is tough on rods.You do have to keep an eye on  mixture and
timing,
detonation spells death to a charged engine. A centrifugal blower might work as
well, just you have the headaches of driving it. Back in the 50's there was a
turbo marketed, I think it was called the Beaslie?, non inter cooled but
compact.
If you want some real boost you need to consider an inter cooler. Please keep us
posted if you decide to supercharge

Grant