Re: [oletrucks] Another tuneup question

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Another tuneup question
From: B&A Kettunen <bekett@uslink.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 22:05:55 -0500 (CDT)
A dwell meter works great on checking the point settings, and on the V8's
that have the little door in the distributor cap that lets you adjust the
points on the fly, but the 6's in my truck at least don't have that door on
the distributor.  You have to take the cap off and set the points with a
feeler gage.

How many mechanics in a modern shop even know what a dwell meter is any
more?  Much less setting points or checking timing?  I remember when you
could buy reasonably good dwell meters and timing lights at Target or
Woolworths and I'm still 20 years from Social Security.

Bruce Kettunen
57 3200
Mt. Iron, MN