[oletrucks] Engine Identification

To: "'Old Trucks'" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Engine Identification
From: Whittaker Bill G Civ ASC/SMY <Bill.Whittaker@wpafb.af.mil>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 10:40:50 -0400
I've run into a brick wall on this one so I'll ask the Chevy experts.

This thing has been sitting in my way long enough and before I haul this old
motor to the scrap metal yard I want to make sure it's of no real value to
anyone (or me).  A friend tried to sell a 216 for over 6 months and finally
gave it to a guy who made a competition lawn tractor out of it.  I know there's
not much call for the old splash oiled 216 but I'm not sure that's what this
one is.  This old motor was installed in my '53 3100 (and ran 6 months ago).
It has a tag on the passengers side just behind the front cover that indicates
that sometime in it's life it was rebuilt by Rogers Remanufacturing in Atlanta,
Ga.  I haven't been able to locate them so I think they're long since out of
business.  There doesn't appear to be any numbers or letters on or near the
starter except those stamped on a tab just behind the distributor.  They read:
JBA 299725.  I haven't been able to find this code anywhere on the net so I'm
asking if any of you  stovebolt experts know what it mean!
s.  The valve cover has two nuts on the top so I'm thinking it's a 216 but I'm
no expert on the stovebolt.

Thanks

Bill Whittaker
"53 3100 Hemi