[oletrucks] Its Alive!!

To: "OleTrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Its Alive!!
From: "Deve Krehbiel" <dkrehbiel@kscable.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 04:45:59 -0500
After sitting in a farmers field since 1970 (30 years) and most of that with
no glass whatsoever in the cab or doors, my $50 1948 1-1/2 Ton's engine now
runs! The engine was stuck solid so we squirted WD40 in all the cylinders
(we never removed the head), removed the top cover of the tranny to find it
full of rust so cleaned that up and freed the really stuck gearing, and then
put it in 4th and pulled it a few feet to unstick the motor. Once unstuck, a
coil wire, cleaning of the old plugs, a carb kit and a small fuel tank to
bypass the original, a battery and thats it! Started right up! Go figure!
Once I adjusted the valves and cleaned the points it runs almost perfect.

I will overhaul it anyhow but not anytime soon. The purpose of the exersize
was to be able to move it a few feet to mow under. But even better than
that, I can now drive it in and out of my shop since the clutch worked and
the parking brake worked too. $50!! I guess I am not plagued with getting
raped ALL of the time!

Take Care!

Deve Krehbiel
Hesston, Kansas