Re: [oletrucks] HEI Distributor

To: chevy1@jps.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] HEI Distributor
From: "Terry White" <twhite@bcbsal.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 10:20:40 -0500
Joe,

 Check with Bufalo Enterprises, ( Don't have the contact info with me ) he can
convert one for you or sell you one of his right off the shelf ready to go.

    If you get one from the bone yards, look for an early 70's. For apperance
you may not want the one with the coil built onto the cap, but you can fix that
at the parts store....

>>> "joe" <chevy1@jps.net> 09/21 10:14 AM >>>
Hi everyone,

I was talking someone at a show last year who installed an HEI distributor
in his 235 engine but forgot what year he used.  I remember him saying
something about it originally being to long and having to have the housing
machined down.  Does anyone have a factory electronic distributor installed
and if so could you tell me what year it is, what it came off of and any
modification required to bolt it on.
I'm planning on building a truck with the 235 but would like not having to
mess with points.  I remember burning them up before because I had to have
the key on to play the radio and that would send current to the points.  I
know I could install a newer switch with the acc position or run the radio
with  full time power instead of ignition but I'd probably leave the radio
on and kill the battery.
I picking the 235 because I have my old speed equipment ( Fenton header and
Edmonds custom dual carb manifold) that I removed when I sold my first truck
and would like to hear that sound of the 6 cylinder through a set of smitty
mufflers again.

Joe Garcia
Yuba City, CA
1950 Chevrolet 3100