Re: [oletrucks] 1959 APACHE 21 SUSPENSION HELP

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 1959 APACHE 21 SUSPENSION HELP
From: Wayne Osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 10:42:51 -0400
Thanks for catching my back side there....I was actually gonna go there but
had company knock on the door.  I found the biggest reason for my darting
when I installed my monos leaf spring on the front. The stationary sided of
the spring, closest to the cab,  actually had an oblong hole worn in the
bushing. Looked to be about 1/2 inch of extra travel, so when I would hit a
small bump with the right front wheel, the entire axle would shift causing
the dart. After replacing and getting an alignment---drives soooooo much
better.

wayne

At 12:49 PM 9/21/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Scott,
>
>You should also check the spring shackles and spring eye bolts/bushings, as
>well as everything Wayne mentioned.  These parts are usually worn out and
>can cuase some bad handling problems.
>
>Robert Rogers
>57 Belair Sport Coupe restored to original
>55 -5 3100 Wife's project
>57 3100
>and a few others

Wayne Osborne