Re: [oletrucks] Re: Pertronix ignitor

To: "A.B." <bigfred@unm.edu>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Re: Pertronix ignitor
From: "Alan Lubow" <alosteo@uswest.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 11:26:20 -0600
Advantages of the Pertronix:  ease of installation (about as tough as
changing out the points), maintains stock distributor, and relatively low
initial cost.  The folks at CBS in Colorado Springs were easy to deal with,
and very helpful.  They were much more knowlegeable about this application
than the Pertronix folks themselves.  They are also online but didn't
believe their unit would work in my truck, and they wanted double the price
if you buy directly from them!  I think someone at CBS figured out that the
Pertronix unit designed for tractors fits in the older Chevy trucks and
works just fine, if you set it up right.

After mine quit working I went with the Mallory electonic distributor to get
away from my worn stock distributor with it's vacuum advance.

Alan
'50 Chevy 1/2 ton