[oletrucks] rear springs

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] rear springs
From: "David Handley" <dph55@pdq.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 12:03:50 -0500
After ordering new rear springs from one of our illustrious specialty
suppliers and going thru the 3 months of madness to get the springs in my
hands I am extremely disappointed . The spring installed on the left hand
side is noticeably less arched than the  one on the right, so now my truck
sits lopsided. Several hundred dollars and a fair amount of work leaving no
part untended and now I find I have a mismatched set of springs from
California manufacturer through a supplier who had a terrible time getting
the order right to start with.
I assume the only practical solution is to take them to a local shop and
have them rearched to match each other. Unless someone has an idea or has
experienced a better fix.

Dave Handley
51 GMC 5 window
Houston, Texas