[oletrucks] paint color

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] paint color
From: "Ole Trucks" <hollisbsa@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 13:39:26 EDT
Now that I have found my missing piece, I need to know what color it was.  I
have a 46 Chevy 3104 (1/2 ton).  I have located the piece that fits under
the hood, in front of the radiator above the grill.  It has three raised
ridges and a support triangle under it.  I have no idea what this is called.
  It is connected to the top of the grill with two larger screws at the rear
then two small screws then it goes under the two screws that hold down the
nose piece that holds the center bar for the hood. I would guess that this
is either flat black or glossy black.

What I would like to try is the sample POR15 kit.  I just need to know what
color to go for.  Also, using the same kit I would like to re-do the
floorboard.  I am guessing this should be flat black.

I have ordered a rubber floor mat from Chevs of the 40's and it is not
correct.  I would have to do a LOT of cutting to get it to fit.  Is there a
source for orginal style floormats that would fit without cutting?

Thanks
Jim House
Hollis, NH