RE: [oletrucks] taillights and cops

To: Rlcokc@aol.com, Bill.Whittaker@wpafb.af.mil, perigrinephalkon@hotmail.com,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] taillights and cops
From: "Brian _" <pkupman57@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 12:06:29 PDT
i live in california, the state which i think has some of the most
rediculuous, and stupid laws out there concerning, well, everything,... but
in my '57 i have repro. original tail lights with blue dots. ive been pulled
over twice (once for having no exhaust system to speak of *ie, plain
headers*, and once on a trumped up charge by a cop who has childhood issues
against teen agers in hot rods ((Thats a long story i wont get into)),...
ive even been in once accident, some lady rear ended me WHILE I WAS
COMPLEATLY STOPPED AT A RED LIGHT!!,.. and never once did any cop say
anything about my blue dots, or not having seat belts,... even the asshole
one said my truck was too old for the anti-blue dot laws to affect it. im
not sure if anyone else in the wonderful (cough, cough) state of cali has
had problems or not, but i havent, knock on wood.
Brian M
Atwater, CA
'57 Chevy 3200
'55 Chevy 6400 (comming soon)