Re: [oletrucks] 216 oil pressure

To: "John Groves" <avmech@bellatlantic.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 216 oil pressure
From: "tcape" <tcape@weblnk.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 11:15:46 -0400
Don't know if this is relevant to the 216 issue or not, but one thing to
check in looking for oil pressure problems is the "correct
dipstick".....especially if you've recently gotten your truck.  Right after
I bought my '47, I started having problems with my oil pressure.  It was
swinging back and forth from "0" to "15".  Turns out, the PO had put in a
non-original dipstick, and when it showed "Full", it was actually well over
a quart low.  Didn't find out until I changed the oil and saw that the
dipstick read way above the full mark......when I knew the correct amount of
oil was in the engine.  I took a file and made a new "Full" mark on the
dipstick.  Once I kept the right amount of oil in the engine, I've had no
further problems with the oil pressure.
Tom Caperton
47-2nd 3100....in Whiteville, NC