[oletrucks] Rear leaf spring donor vehicle?

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Rear leaf spring donor vehicle?
From: "Armijo, Manuel L" <manuel.l.armijo@intel.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 06:37:53 -0700
        Has anybody used any rear leaf springs from any other donor
vehicles?  I have gone through the leaf spring archives, and have seen only
one mention of springs used from a dodge caravan....most newer style springs
are mounted to the outside of the frame, but I think the running board
support would interfere with springs mounted there, so I'm trying to find
something that mounts to the underside of the frame, just like the original
stuff.  I've seen only two vehicles so far, one being foreign that have the
mounts that way.

        My spring eyelets and the rear mounts on the frame are really worn,
I'm having difficulty finding original replacements, so that's why I have to
find some other donor springs and mounts to work....any ideas would be
GREATLY appreciated!

        For now, I'm just sitting in the driver's seat, going vroom
vroom....*laugh*

Thanks!