RE: [oletrucks] INLINE SIX OPTIONS

To: "'New Mexico Jim'" <ADvent@thuntek.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] INLINE SIX OPTIONS
From: "Hanlon, Bill" <Bill.Hanlon@COMPAQ.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 10:03:07 -0500
The Pontiac 6 cyl (with optional 4 barrel carb) was an overhead cam
engine.  The bottom end was very similar to the Chevy 6.  This engine
was offered in the Firebird.  I think it was also offered in the
Tempest.  It was not offered in the full size Pontiac.  Not sure of the
years offered, but I think it started in 66 and only ran through 69 or 70.

Might make a real interesting swap into an AD or TF.

Clifford Performance (the 6=8 people) have speed parts for this engine.
They also show the same clutch parts used on this engine as in the
Chevy 6's of that vintage and the older 261, 270 and 302 sixes.

It appears that the latest models of this engine were 250 cubic inches.