Re: [oletrucks] hucks brakes

To: Old Truckers <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] hucks brakes
From: New Mexico Jim <ADvent@thuntek.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 18:21:11 -0600
I forgot to mention that the brake drum seperated into two pieces. So, I was
thinking about replacing the master cylinder, as well and wondered if I used a
master cylinder with a larger bore diameter if it would decrease pedal effort
needed to stop the truck with everything else being equal? My truck is a 50 ½
ton
and the 1938 to 1947mc 3/4 ton and up have a bore diameter of an inch and a
quarter while the ½ ton unit is a one inch bore.