Re: [oletrucks] hucks brakes

To: "New Mexico Jim" <ADvent@thuntek.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] hucks brakes
From: "G. Simmons" <gls@4link.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 19:44:29 -0700
>I forgot to mention that the brake drum seperated into two pieces.

I thought I was the only one this happened to.  I bet it's a result of that
grooved drum design.

I think the desiderata are fairly straightforward.  On one hand, the Bendix
are much easier to work on and get parts for.

On the other, they are not original.  I'm not sure if you need to change the
backing plate.  If so, you'll have to pull the axles to change the rears.

You'll have to balance these factors to see what makes sense.

Regards,

Grant S.
54 3100 (mostly all there)
54 3100 (mostly not there)