[oletrucks] garage floor slab

To: old-chevy-truck@egroups.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] garage floor slab
From: New Mexico Jim <ADvent@thuntek.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2000 17:24:51 -0600
Today, some friends and I filled in the area and tamped it down. I am now ready
to hose it down and then lay some Visqueen and rebar. My question is: on what
centers should I run my rebar? I was thinking about 12" on center and 2 "above
the dirt and 6" of 3,500 pound concrete. I don't want any cracks and I hate it
when a creeper gets caught in them. Should I use that black tar stuff
inpregnaded fiberboard that costs about 5 bucks a 4X8 sheet and cut in 6"
strips. Then attach it to the inside edge of the stem wall as an expansion join
since there will be no expansion joints elswhere in the slab? If I'm not making
myself clear, the place between the end of the slab and where it meets the stem
wall.
Jim
does anyone know how to add a signiture file in Netscape  4.7? I click on the
edit sig file and it brings up an adress book. thx