Re: [oletrucks] garage floor slab

To: "Ole Trucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] garage floor slab
From: "R. Welch" <rwelch@ionet.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2000 19:17:57 -0500
I used 3500# concrete for a floor in my barn and did not use rebar.
Instead, the concrete mix had fiberglass mixed in with it - I think it cost
about $5/yard more, but they said the slab shouldn't crack.  Its been 2
years now and my Farmall M tractor (>5000 lbs) has been in and out and
parked there with no problems.  Something to check out.  I think if you pour
smaller sections at a time that might minimize cracking also - although
small stress cracks, as you know, are sometimes inevitable - so far I have
none.

Bob Welch
'56 Cameo
'55 Belair