RE: [oletrucks] whats causing backfire(off subject vehical)

To: <RobXR250@aol.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] whats causing backfire(off subject vehical)
From: "Tibbers" <tibbers@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2000 19:10:15 -0700
Rob,

In my experience it sounds like you have unburnt fuel accumulating in the
exhaust system.  It gets to a point where the exhaust temperature and the
mixture are right, and BOOM!  Of course, the hotter the exhaust the worse
the problem sounds.  It will have enough force to destroy a muffler
completely sometimes.

Sooooo....although you say a carb kit went in not too long ago, I have to
think there is something in the fuel metering system that ain't right.

Gordon