[oletrucks] whats causing backfire(off subject vehical)

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] whats causing backfire(off subject vehical)
From: RobXR250@aol.com
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2000 21:31:31 EDT
I know that this is an off subject vehical but im sure there are some pretty
damn good mechanics on the list that could help me out with this. I have a
1986 Ford Ranger that backfires throught the tailpipe. Its a manual and does
it when i let off on the gas to up or down shift. The warmer it is, the
louder it backfires, and if its a warm summer day, at a stoplight it will pop
when it is idling. I put a carb kit in it and that hasnt solved it. I have
noticed an exhaust leak just after the muffler though. If i take care of the
leak would that stop it? What else could it be?

Any help is appreaciated

Rob