Re: [oletrucks] Rear-end Conversion - 1977 Monte Carlo?

To: <Mikerross@aol.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Rear-end Conversion - 1977 Monte Carlo?
From: "BelAir Bob" <rogerz@planetwide.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 09:24:42 -0500
Mike,

Been there, done that.  The Monte Carlo rear is a very good fit width wise.
I installed one in my 57 panel back in '90.  Needless to say, spring perches
have to be welded into the correct places.

On that panel, I also used the Monte's complete steering geer to get power
steering on the stock axle.  Fairly easy bit of back yard engineering.

Robert Rogers
57 Belair Sport Coupe restored to original
55 -5 3100 Wife's project
57 3100
and a few others