Re: [oletrucks] radio question w/o attachments

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] radio question w/o attachments
From: EKWatson@aol.com
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 12:27:06 EDT
I'll answer everyone in the same email.....................

First of all thanks for the schematic, but I still need to know if this
radio will fit in my 51 and is it for a truck or something else and how
unusual is the remote control.
Rich Reul
1951  3604
Dixon, IL
rreul@cin.net

I don't think it will fit in your 1951, but I am not sure.  You will surely
have to change the mounting - which I am not an expert at mix and match.  I
just restore originals for the vehicle that the radio goes with.  I am sure
you could mount the radio in your '51 but I don't have mechanical dimensions.
 Remotes were used on a lot of different car models as deluxe units.

Can you convert Model #985426 to am/fm? 12 volt, and what would be the cost
to do that?
Also Can you get the schematic of that model?
And if you have the schematic for model # 985424

Thanks
Shawn

I only restore to original, but I found a web site for a guy who will do that
kind of work and it is
http://www.gate.net/~gtayman/
I don't know him so this is not an endorsement.
Your schematics are attached.
Eric
Would you happen to have a schematic for the 987187 receiver?

Bill Bailey
Danville, Virginia
http://members.tripod.com/~oltruck

I don't have that schematic scanned but you can find it in HWS AR-6.  If I
can get a copy I will scan it and email it to you.
I bought a radio at a swap meet thinking it was for a 53 Chevy pickup as it
was represented. I opened it up today and it has Oldsmobile and the number
558581 inside the rear cover. Will this even fit in my truck? If not, are
you interested in it?
Don Simmons

The model number 558581 is throwing me - is there another model number on it?

Yes, I am always interested in buying restorable radios - it pays for my
hobby of restoring trucks.