Re: [oletrucks] RE: 235 or 261

To: Old Trucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] RE: 235 or 261
From: "Deve Krehbiel" <dkrehbiel@kscable.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2000 18:10:10 -0500
An older gent that I visited yesterday (Bob Lint) tells me that the 261 can
be easily identified in another way.. it has a bump on the block just over
the starter. If the cast iron just above the starter is smooth, then 235. He
proved it out on several trucks, so might be valid. Of course before I
purchased one, I would check the casting numbers to be sure.