Re: [oletrucks] Crank pulley

To: Tom3600@webtv.net, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Crank pulley
From: MKlepp4335@cs.com
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2000 21:51:09 EDT
In a message dated 10/8/00 5:56:34 PM Central Daylight Time,
Tom3600@webtv.net writes:

<< someone with a 235 would check the distance between the block and the
crank pulley above where the timing gear cover is located and just behind the
generator.  >>

Tom,
   I measured my 235, the distance between the timing gear cover and the back
edge of the crank pulley is exactly 1/2".  It also measures about 2 1/8"
between the back of the pulley and the engine block.  I also think that the
water pump pulley location is your problem.  If it is too far away from the
block, it can be pressed on more to align better.

Mike Klepp
'48 3100
Wichita Falls, TX
http://www.geocities.com/mike_klepp/septruckpage.html