[oletrucks] Alkaline Degreaser Bath

To: Old Trucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Alkaline Degreaser Bath
From: Michael Mendonca <mm@service-quality.com>
Date: 09 Oct 2000 09:22:28 -0700
I'm reading my "How to Restore Your Chevrolet Pickup" book from Tom Brownell,
1991.  In his section on how to make an alkaline bath, he says he uses 24 oz of
lye (Drano) per gallon of water.  Then, however, he goes on to say he puts
96-120 oz of lye in 40 gallons of water.  This changes his original ratio by
over 8 times (more diluted).  Does anyone else have a "recipe" for degreaser
bath?  Thank you.

Michael
'54 Chevy 3100 1/2 ton