[oletrucks] Flooding ?

To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Flooding ?
From: "William M. Schickling" <wschick1@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 09:19:02 -0400
Whoa !  Last week the '40 decided not to jump to life like normal. I started
to wear down the battery trying to get it to fire up. I went through the
normal checks for spark. One thing I noticed was the plugs were very dry,
even after all that cranking. Went over to the other side to check the carb.
There was gas in the filter and it appeared gas was getting to the carb.
There was some seepage of gas at the base of the carb. I took the carb off
to check out the seepage. There was a pool of gas in the base of the intake
manifold. I had never seen anything like that before. I haven't changed
anything on the carb. Could the float be stuck ? With this much gas in the
manifold, I would think the plugs would be soaking wet if it wasn't firing.
What would prevent gas from entering the cylinder ? Is it just because it's
pouring in and not atomizing ?

I didn't think the spark was very strong. It was weak and yellow. Maybe I
should replace the coil while I'm at it.

I've exhausted (Sorry) my limited experience. Any suggestions ?

Bill