[oletrucks] A few questions

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] A few questions
From: "Kevin Morisette"<kevmor@cwnet.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 15:20:53 PDT
I have a couple misc. questions.  I think I asked this before, can't remember
if nobody responded or if I just forgot, is the hood different in any way other
than the front where the emblem attaches between a earlier '53 hood and the
'54 with the other emblem?  I compared two hoods with the different emblems,
and where the emblem attaches is a little different.  The newer one has holes
that aren't in a straight line, and it doesn't have an indention.  I could make
new holes and attach it, though.

Is there someplace that sells used parts on the Internet, like the 3spd. floor
panel for an AD truck?  The new fiberglass ones are expensive.

Has anyone replaced their steering column with a later model (tilt, etc)?  I'm
doing this, and looking for something that still looks older style (no plastic
parts or oversized turn signal levers)?  Maybe a van would be the best to have
the ignition seperate.

For storing 12v car batteries, is any trickle charger good? Harbor freight makes
one for less than $15, but yet I've seen others from Autometer for over double
that.

Thanks for your help.