Re: [oletrucks] 348 c.i.

To: rock1 <rock1@austin.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 348 c.i.
From: "Edward T. Dingo" <cen36932@centuryinter.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 18:45:21 -0400
Had 1 in the first car I ever owned, a 1960 Bel Air. Engine ran flawlessly;
however went thru a few turbo-glide (not power-glide) transmissions. These
engines are way heavier than traditional small-blocks, and not as many speed
parts available for them. Believe there was machining difference between this
breed of V8 and small block in head/block area. Angle, or something, different
from the "norm". Hope this helps. Did love the look of those chrome valve covers
though. Big, sorta scalloped. Man, this is going waaay back in the recesses of
my mind!

Ed in Mich.
'57 3100