[oletrucks] AD Window Replacement Help Needed

To: "OleTrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] AD Window Replacement Help Needed
From: "Deve Krehbiel" <dkrehbiel@kscable.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 20:56:07 -0500
I am replacing all the glass on my 48 1-1/2 Ton. Actually all the glass was
bashed out (what do you expect for $50?) so... I have the back window in and
I have to announce that it was a MAJOR pain. Took 3 people all day and then
I marred the rubber in a few places with one of the many screwdrivers we
used. Miracle was, no glass breakage which we were all secretly praying for
so we wouldnt have to finish the job. There has to be a better way.

Is there a tips page on how to replace the door glass, windshield, and back
one too so I dont have to go thru that again with my 50? Any help would be
much appreciated. Concerns include:

1) The door glass... the inside cushioned track had clips on the old one.
The new stuff has none. Does this stuff just sit in the track?

2) The door glass.. the outer stainless molding has a little brush strip
stapled to it. How do you attach the new one?

3) The windshield looks ominous. I'm afraid to ask!

Deve Krehbiel
Hesston, Kansas
1950 3100 * 1949 3600 * 1948 4400
www.speedprint.com/Deves50/index.html