Re: [oletrucks] Weight of a stripped down 1/2 ton cab

To: Tom <tfvjr@snet.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Weight of a stripped down 1/2 ton cab
From: Joseph Rennie Weertz <jweertz@umich.edu>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 11:29:46 -0400 (EDT)
To make a long story short, my father and I pulled the cab off of my
50 3100 using some long 2X4's,2X6's and blocks.  We simpliy pried the cab
up and blocked underneath and pulled the truck out from underneath.  This
was made easier by having removed the bed already.  Then when the frame
was out of the way we lowered the cab onto a dolly we made to set it on so
that we could move it around the garage.
I hope this helps...If you need more help w/disassembly let me know b/c I
have take my 50 done to the frame and am now working on building her back
up...
good luck
joe weertz
50 3100