[oletrucks] Powder Coating at Home

To: "Bill Broadway" <bcubed@vanhalen-irc.com>,
Subject: [oletrucks] Powder Coating at Home
From: "Gwyn Reedy" <mgr@mgrcorp.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 05:20:19 -0400
Bill,

I just got the Eastwood coating setup last week. Tried to get the one from
Harbor Freight, but they say they have discontinued it. They won't
elaborate - I wonder if there are legal issues such as patents involved?

Didn't care for the price of Eastwood's IR heater, so I got a propane
powered heater that is supposed to heat via infrared. It produces lots more
heat than a heat lamp, so I'm hopeful it will do larger items like rear end
housings. Will let you know.

The first item I powder coated came out very nice. One thin spot, but it was
in an out of the way area. Wife's old oven worked just fine.

Now if I could find some powder in John Deere green and yellow.

Gwyn Reedy
Brandon, Florida
mailto:mgr@mgrcorp.com